Cantonment Board runs two schools namely Cantonment High School and Little Scholar English Medium School. Cantonment Board also runs a special school Tarang for differently abled children. Tarang has been consecutively awarded best special school of Uttarakhand for the last two years 2016 and 2017. School Name No. of Teachers (Regular) No. of Teachers (Contractual) Number of Students
|Serial No.||School Name||No. of Teachers (Regular)||No. of Teachers (Contractual)||No. of Students
|1||Cantonment High School||9||7||309|
|2||Little Scholar English Medium School||0||9||305|
|3||Tarang Special School||0||9||53|
Admission Procedure :
◦ Admissions begins in the month of July every year
◦ The application is to be addressed to the concerned headmistress.
◦ Application form duly filled must be deposited
◦ Birth certificate of the child is to be enclosed with the application
◦ Admission can be made to any class (I to V) depending upon the vacancy.
◦ In case of admission to any class above VI standard, T.C. from the previous school, is required.
Annual Function – Annual function of Cantonment Board school is celebrated in the month of December every year. Students take part in various programmes
Sports – Sports plays most important roll in child development. In cantonment board schools kits of football, volleyball, athletics and other games are provided. kabaddi, kho-kho. Inter school competitions are held time to time. Students of other school take part in the sports organised at cantonment board.
Painting – Drawing and painting competitions are held time to time in the schools. Students also take part in the competitions held in other schools also.
Tour – Several sports tours were organized at Meerut, Kanpur, Agra Cantts . Students of Cantonment Board Clement Town excelled & won several prizes.
All Cantonment Board schools are housed in decently constructed and neatly maintained buildings with proper facilities of electricity and water. The buildings have
sufficient space for playgrounds and specially constructed platform to conduct cultural activities Free Text Books In both the schools of Cantonment board free computer text books are provided to every student.
Good quality and colorful furniture – Good quality and colorful furniture designed to create interest among the students towards schooling.
Computer Education – Both schools in cantonment board have their own Computer labs. Computer classes are conducted for the students of std I to VIII by qualified teachers. Free computer text books are being provided. Quiz competition is conducted time to time.
Playing equipment – Playing equipment and kits of various types i.e. cricket, basket ball, football.
Mid-day meal – Mid-day meal scheme started on 2-oct- 04 in which every month Board provides variety of eatables as per menu prescribed to each student on alternate days of the week.
Medical Check-up – Regular and free medical check-ups of the students
Music/Dance-Drama – All the students are provided training in playing various musical instrument depending on their area of interest. They are also trained in dramatics and theatre.
Efforts taken to improve the CB Schools :
◦ Efforts are on to upgrade to Secondary level this year and to secure recognition for English medium school.
◦ Computer education being imparted to students. Smart classroom is soon going to start.
◦ Students are encouraged to take part in sports by giving them proper equipment and coaches. Students of our schools performed very well in the Central Command Sports Meet.
◦ Girls students are being given training in Taekwondo to instill a sense of confidence in them and impart stills of self defence to them.