Charter of Duties of Accountant
◦ To be thorough with CFSR, Cantonment Account Code, FRSR, Leave Rules, CCS Conduct Rules and other laws, rules, instructions issued from time to time.
◦ To check all the challans and transit bills and initial for credit and payment.
◦ To check all bills of payments and initial for signature of CEO.
◦ To check all the payments made by cheque and cash and initial the cheques for CEO’s Signature.
◦ To reply all the Command and DGDE letters.
◦ To initial the Service Books, other letters of the Section.
◦ To check the posting of all the day to day income and expenditure books, General Cash Register.
◦ To manage and control all the staff of the Accounts Section and adjust their works in the event of leave etc.
◦ To deal with all court cases of employees and liaise with the Advocate.
◦ To scrutinize and initial all the documents produced by Accounts Section staff.
◦ To check pay and pension bills after preparation and initial on the same for CEO’s signature.
◦ Overall to check all the works of Accounts Section, the accounts and all correspondence of any nature belonging to section.
◦ To prepare the Annual Budget and Annual Consolidated Accounts.
◦ To ensure that the Cantonment Accounts Code is observed in all transactions of accounts section.
◦ To prepare replies to audit objections concerned with Accounts Section.
◦ To maintain the account books viz. Main Cash Book, Classified abstract.
◦ To make reconciliation with Bank Pass Books.
◦ To scrutinize the bills received from Storekeeper and other departments, bills with MB of contractors, TA/DA claim, LIC claims, etc; and to check stock book registers.
◦ To scrutinize the bay bills at the end of every month and prepare pay bill registers for drawing recovery cheques.
◦ To prepare monthly income & Expenditure Statement.
◦ To record all bills after payment.
◦ To prepare pay bill of CEO and maintain the file of pay and allowances of CEO.
◦ To prepare Conservancy Agreement and deal with all correspondence regarding Conservancy payments and to prepare final bills of conservancy.
◦ To deal correspondence regarding grant-in- aid.
◦ To prepare budget and deal with Schools grants, from State Government.
◦ To settle audit objections.
◦ To prepare budget estimates with the help of other staff.
◦ To maintain investment register.
◦ To prepare annual accounts.
◦ To calculate income tax of the Cantonment Board employees.
◦ To send the Statistical Reports to Statistic Department.
◦ To perform the duties as Assistant Central Public Information Officer for the purpose of The Right to Information Act, 2005.