The vision of Cantonment Board Clement Town is to Provide to its citizens an environmental friendly and sustainable waste management system with complete safe waste disposal facilities by putting in place waste reduction and recovery mechanisms.
Solid waste management is an obligatory function of cantonment board. This service is an important aspect of maintaining the quality of life and environment of a town or city. The Cantonment board Clement Town is responsible for management of solid waste in the cantonment area.
The system of collection, transportation and disposal of garbage in the Cantonment is partly manual and partly mechanized. The Board has 3 tippers which are used for collection of garbage from various cement-concrete/brick masonry dustbins located in the various part of the Cantt. The garbage collected from these bins is carried to he trenching ground by tippers for mechanical unloading. The services being provided by the Board include road sweeping, drain cleaning, cleaning of group latrines, septic tanks, soak wells, urinals, removal of grass and dead animals, cattle impounding and cleaning of footpath etc.The Board also maintains one tractor for multifarious activities like cleaning of roads/streets and cleaning of chocked sewer lines.
The Sanitation department function under the direct supervision of Sanitary Inspector. His office is located at the main office of Cantonment Board. There are three sanitary Jamandars for supervising duties of sanitation staff.
Lifting of Garbage
Garbage lifting by Cantonment has between planned in such a manner that /rubbish from all points is removed daily. Cantonment Board has identified a number of garbage points as main points where the garbage if lifted daily. The sanitation staff has instructions to remove garbage bin provided either by colony residents or by Cantonment Board. The public is requested to ensure that new garbage points are not created in their localities unless it has the approval of Sanitary Inspector and a cemented garbage bin is provided.
In case the Garbage is not lifted within days from any point any responsible citizen can report the matter to the office/Sanitary Inspector or may send the written complaint to the Sanitary Inspector.
The Complaints pertaining to the following matters may be made to the sanitary Inspector at the Office.
◦ Over-flow of drains.
◦ Removal of any dead dog/ animals.
◦ Un-authorized dumping of rubbish or debris.
◦ Removal of rubbish/garbage.
◦ Nuisance by stray Dogs.
◦ In case any complaints are not attended to within 24 hours. A written complaint maybe to the Sanitary Inspector. Written/telephonic complaints can also be put into the Samadhan Centre .
Responsibilities of Sanitation Department
◦ Sweeping Roads
◦ Garbage Lifting
◦ Cleaning & Opening Drainage nalas/ Open drains
◦ Public Toilets
◦ Anti Malaria Operation
◦ Issue Trade Licenses
◦ Inspection of eating establishment
◦ Issue of DOG Licenses
◦ Inspection of Schools, Educational Institutions
◦ Lanes, roads, small drains, refuse bins, urinals, group latrines and dead cattle in civil area
◦ Collection of rubbish/garbage from the refuse bins in army area
◦ Cleaning of septic tanks of latrines in civil area
◦ Inspection of shops of merchants of food grains, vegetables, fruits selling eatable items country/foreign liquors and intoxication drugs, medicines and other trades in cants area.
◦ Catching of stray cattle
◦ Release of seized items/goods/vehicles belonging to unauthorized squatters.